Saturday, June 6, 2015

Goodbye CL- see you in August

Well, the time has come for me to embark on my summer job as a camp counselor. It's been a fun, challenging and important month at home. I've had the chance to spend time with people I love, and go on many adventures. I can say with all the confidence in the world that I am beyond blessed in the way of friends and family. I think this snapchat of my brother at one of my fav restaraunts sums up the family part well.


Along with this, I'm very lucky to have such great friends still here at home. This particular one and I exchanged early birthday presents...since we have the same birthday and can't celebrate it the day of this year since I'll be away...and gave each other essentially the same thing! 
Of course, I can't forget about my baby doge here. My other dog denied my request to appear in this blog because he's quite honesty sick of me trying to take photos with him....

But I convinced him later on that it was worth it :)


I had to throw in a picture of my girl Olivia and I. I'm so proud of us, and very glad we've remained friends despite me being gone a lot. As my mom would say, she's a good egg.

Another important adventure besides just hanging out in the good ol' CL was my recent trip to California. I got to see my relatives, family friends, and even a few friends from school! It was actually my first time riding in a plane alone...which was a little scary! But I was okay :)

I really liked this photo I took on the plane.

My friend worked at an outdoor mall in San Diego, so naturally I had to take a selfie with the sears. I always do this because my job at Sears made me very loyal to the store and one way I show this is by taking selfies at various ones acroS the county. Yes, I'm weird.

My friends from college and I at downtown Disney!! It was so nice to see our friend (far left) who recently graduated and is working there now! We had so much fun seeing all the sights!
I just HAD to get a cake pop from the candy store! It was delicious!

I made a new bird friend too, so...there's that!
Unfortunately our trip to Rainforest Cafe (which is generally a favorite of mine) was a bit of a disappointment. My friend's food tasted bad, and the service was super slow. I did, however, say I was celebrating my birthday early (it's not till July but I never claimed to be a perfect person) and as a result got a cupcake and a song!
Another highlight of my trip was going to see LA and while I was there... I met a minion! He was pretty cool & let me take this photo with him.
The beaches in California were beautiful. I thought this photo had somewhat of an artsy element to it. Also, I hate being barefoot so I was probably miserable.

My FAVORITE spot however, had to be Ocean Beach in San Diego. It was so beautiful there, and it was also really quaint. You could walk up to the pier where they had this cute cafe overlooking  the ocean, and my friend and I took tons of photos there! If I go back to SD, I'll definitely have to return to that area in particular!
These are a few pictures that turned out really nice! I always feel more confident wearing a cute dress and this new headband I just got from Icing! :)
California was great. I hope to return to it someday. I came back a few days ago, said my goodbyes, and I'm heading to Michigan tomorrow.
I can't wait to see what camp brings.
I can't wait to work with children.
I'm so so excited for what is ahead.
I'll try to update as much as I can while I'm there!

All the love in the world,
Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment