Friday, May 29, 2015

Nautical, Work, and Fun Facts!

"I want you to know, I had to let go, I'm falling in love again"
~Land of Opportunity, A Great Big World

Hey!

The past couple days have been pretty busy for me. I've been doing nothing but working, which is fine because it passes the time, but I wanna see my friends and have all those big summer adventures we planned on having! Well, another way to keep the days interesting is to put together interesting outfits, and I particularly liked today's which felt pretty nautical, and I love it!





thrifted top • shorts from Ross • thrifted shoes • Charlotte Russe sunglasses
Other than that, I don't have much else to say, so I thought it'd be fun to do one of these fun fact quiz things! I'm sure it won't be the most interesting thing to read, so I apologize, but I think it'll be fun for me at least! And if anyone was interested in my life, here ya go!

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? 
This one's a toss up. See I wanna live in California because a) it's absolutely beautiful there, and b) that's where Disney and Pixar are! But at the same time, I wanna live in Europe because of all of the culture and beauty there! Ugh, I don't know!

2. What is your biggest fear?
I have a few, but I think the biggest would have to be growing old and dying all alone...I know many people think this about themselves, but it really does scare me! I hope to live a good enough life no matter what happens though!

3. What really makes you angry?
Ohhhhh a few things really make me angry. One would have to be people copying me (this has always made me mad!), and of course the little things like when they don't put enough cheese on my sandwich at Jimmy John's or if I can't remember where I parked.

4. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
I saw Pitch Perfect 2 with my friends for my friend Marli's birthday, and to be completely honest, I thought it was terrible! It had no real plot, a lot of stuff was just kinda thrown in there for no reason, and it was kinda boring...

5. What did you want to be when you were small?
When I was a kid, I wanted to be an author! I really liked writing, but as I got older, I shifted more towards art!

6. Do you have any nicknames?
Yes! A few of my friends call me Olive, which I think is adorable!

7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Generic question, yeah, but it is interesting... I actually haven't thought it totally through. I have plans I'd like to do, but who knows if they'll actually happen or if I'll go down a different path! In five years, I'll be 24 (yikes...) and if everything goes according to plan, I will have graduated from DePaul University with a Masters in Animation, and will be planning my move out to California and job search in the film and animation field! 

8. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
Yes, and it eventually became not a secret and was quite awkward. I never know what to do in those situations!

9. What is your favorite movie?
Lame question, but my favorite movie will always be Monsters, Inc! It's absolutely perfect and adorable and I can't wait to work for Pixar someday! Some of my other top favorites are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Moonrise Kingdom, and Moulin Rouge.

10. Does your family have a "motto" - spoken or unspoken?
Haha, my family and I have a couple things we like to say to each other, or things my parents have said multiple times. Whenever we're out going to do something, we like to say "Don't misbehave" or "Don't do stupid". However, my favorite is the motto we use at work (at the family business), which is "DFIU", which stands for "Don't Fuck It Up". Every so often, I'll spill something or mess something up and my mom will shake her head and simply say "DFIU, Olivia".

Firsts:

Surgery: When I was 13, I had my appendix removed. The surgery was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through in my life.

Piercing: I got my ears pierced in January of 2014! I thought that after I turned 18, it was about time for me to finally get my ears pierced!

Best friend: My first best friend was Rachel, and she and I are still best friends to this day!

Sport: When I was a kid I did Tae Kwon Do for a few years, then decided that I should not sport and should stick to theater.

Pet: A while ago, I got a fish whom I named Kiki. I was extremely excited about it because I had never had a pet before, even though it was just a fish!

Vacation: I think it was to Arizona? My family likes taking road trips, especially out west, so I've been out there a lot!

Concert: My parents used to take us to lots of concerts because my dad worked with a lot of bands, and I think my first one was to see Collective Soul.

Crush: When I was in kindergarten, I had a crush on my brother's best friend, who was also the brother of one of my friends. When I think about it now, it kinda makes me cringe!

Right now:

Eating: I just ate a s'mores Pop tart! Yesterday during my break from work, I walked over to the grocery store and bought a big box of them just for the Hell of it. Best decision ever!

Drinking: Water. I'm so lame, I know!

Listening to: First Class by Everybody Else. This band is amazing and not very well known. Check them out, I'm really into them! Also, I literally always have music on when I'm in my room (Spotify premium is truly a blessing.), so I've always got something playing!

Waiting for: Hm.. nothing in particular!

Last person:

You touched: I really don't know... Maybe I brushed my mom in passing or something?

You hugged: I think it was my friend Erika? Maybe? I don't know there was a lot of hugging when I went to see the Dramatic Lit play at the high school on Wednesday!

You kissed: My friend Juli got a lil crazy a while ago and kissed me...does that count?!

You texted: Cecilia! She's in California right now and I miss her tons!

You Facebook Messaged: Uh... let me check? It was a group chat with Cecilia, Adrian, Andrew, and Rami!

All right, well that was fun, a little long and boring to read, but whatever! Here's to a good weekend!

With love,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment