Friday, May 15, 2015

Way Up There


"Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants
From way up there, you and I, you and I"

~You and I, Ingrid Michaelson

Hello!

I apologize but I don't have an outfit post today, I've just been so busy lately! However, I will update today with just what's been going on in my life lately! Yesterday was my last day of classes for the year, and I could not be happier! One year down, one to go!!!! (for community college that is.) I had finals during the past week, and it was really stressing me out. It also sucked because all my friends got back from college, and all I wanted to do was hang out with them and not study or anything! I had so much to do and turn in and study for and I was just so ready to be done. And now, I finally am!


This is basically how I felt during the entirety of finals.

Besides finals, I did some interesting things lately! I started my first day at Bath and Body Works, which was okay. I was there till midnight last Sunday, and we made the new floor set. It took a lot of effort and time, and now I have a newfound respect for the people who work there; I never realized how much went into just setting up the store!

Also, I've been seeing a lot of Cecilia lately, which is great because she's going to be leaving at the end of the month and I won't get to see her very much during the summer. We went with a group of friends to Chicago (See her last post for deets) to see Book of Mormon and hang out! I also took some time to give her the grand tour of my school, and then we took a visit to our high school! It was nice to see our teachers and sit in on the Dramatic Lit class!



Squad in Chi-town

Visiting the high school!

I also went to see the spring play at the high school, which was A Wrinkle in Time, and let me just say it was LITERALLY the weirdest show I've ever seen. The first act was an hour and half long, and the second act was about twenty minutes, which was very bizarre. But that was nothing compared to the actual play. It started out somewhat normal, then turned into this strange acid trip with space travel, a white witch who turned into a black centaur, some weird demonic possession, a pulsating brain, these absolutely terrifying brown alien things, and tons of Hans Zimmer music (the only part I actually found myself enjoying...). It was ... interesting. Another show we saw was Wednesday night when we went to the Awards Ceremony at the school, which was like a beauty pageant type thing. A friend of ours was performing so we went. Overall it was pretty impressive and fun.

Waiting in line for the Awards Ceremony! 

Another great day was Mothers Day (which was the day I went to work, but it was good before that too)! I went to my baby cousin's baptism, then to my grandmother's house to eat Chinese food from my all time favorite Chinese food place! My grandmother also has these really pretty flowers around her house, so I used my mom's awesome iPhone 6 camera to take some sick flower shots.


Pretty orchids! 

Other than those things, I've just been hanging out with my friends! I want to spend the maximum amount of time with them while they're here because I missed them so much, and before long, they're going to be gone at school again.

Late night walks in this lovely weather are simply the best! 

new painting I did recently! 

Well, here's to a great summer! I'm so excited!


With love,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment