Thursday, May 21, 2015

Summer, Thrifting, and a Last Hurrah!

"Out on the verge of the rest of our lives tonight, top of the world and we're dressed to the nines tonight"
~The Verge, Owl City

Hello!

So I thought I'd make a tiny change here, and it's that I won't always title the posts with song lyrics, only sometimes! This is because sometimes the songs have nothing to do with the post, but I will always post a line from a song I've been listening to. I'm obsessed with this new Owl City song "The Verge", and it seems like a perfect graduation song! Although I'm not graduating till next spring, I love the feeling and some of my friends are graduating/already graduated this month, and I know that this song will definitely come around again this time next year for me!



 I'm really enjoying summer so far. Despite having to work a lot, I am enjoying seeing my friends almost every night and not having many things to worry about! The weather has been bipolar lately (40 degrees yesterday?? Seriously??), but today was perfect. It's in the 60s and sunny right now, which is great because it's not too hot!



I love this outfit. Cecilia and I kinda went thrifting yesterday, and I got this top and shorts. I am obsessed. I've never really felt comfortable in a crop top, but I really like the way they look with high-waisted shorts! I am so glad I got these shorts; they're extremely comfortable and I feel like they will go well with many many things. You'll probably be seeing a lot of them this summer!


thrifted American Eagle top • thrifted shorts • thrifted shoes • thrifted Mossimo cardigan • Charlotte Russe sunglasses
Also, while we were thrifting, Cecilia and I donated lots of our old clothes. However, before we donated them, I thought it'd be fun to try to make outfits out of them, no matter how ugly! Believe me, I tried, but some of the clothes I found in my closet are really cringe-worthy, so prepare for some ugly outfits. Either way, this was really fun to do, and was a sort of last hurrah for these clothes before I got rid of them. Anyway, enjoy these interesting looks.


 

 


Well, that was really fun, and if/when I donate clothes in the future, I'll definitely do this again! Anyway, here's to a great rest of the week!

With love,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment