Sunday, May 3, 2015

Chicago!


So yesterday I finally set off on my long awaited day trip to Chicago to see Book of Mormon with my friends! I knew that the musical would be great...but it actually far exceeded all of my expectations. Not only was it hilarious but it was so well done; I couldn't believe it! It's certainly not a show for the easily offended, but there were several times I was almost crying I was laughing so hard.
Aren't we such a cute bunch? I love all of these people so much. It's amazing how I can be away for so long and then come back and nothing changes. Although I stay in pretty frequent contact with all of them, I always really look forward to seeing and talking with everyone in person. I'm so happy that we were able to do this, and go big for our reuniting!
My birthday buddy and I displaying the copious amounts of swag that both of us carry. Shopping at it's finest!
Artsy pictures on the train are a must in Chicago. We are so, so, painfully basic.
But gotta love that twin charm.
Getting to see my pal and blog buddy Olivia was so awesome. Of course, we had to take our typical bean photo because that's just what ya do!
It was such a beautiful day to travel to the city too. We got really lucky with that, because you never know with the weather in Illinois! It's no upper peninsula, but it can get chilly. We walked around a ton, like we went to the Water Tower Place which is like 25 minutes away from the theater we saw Boom of Mormon at. I love malls and I don't have any in my college town!
All in all, it was an awesome time. I can't wait to go back into the city before I leave for my summer job at the beginning of June. I'm so thankful that I have such amazing friends, and this month is going to be great.
Till next time!
Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment