Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Time is purple just before night

So my posts have been intermittent lately (sorry Olivia!) but I thought I would post a little update about camp life. There are only three weeks left, and I can't even begin to describe how crazy this whole journey has been. These last few weeks I've been with Cabin 9, and as every cabin here has a color, we are light purple. The picture below is of our scarving ceremony, where first the counselors are given scarves of their respective cabins by our camp directors which are tied in a friendship knot. Then, we are handed the same scarves and tie them on for the campers in the same way. At the end of the session, we give them back because they are used over and over for this tradition.


This is a photo of my home for the last two weeks! The quote on the porch is from a color poem book that is read during the scarving ceremony, which describes how each of the colors are special. 
This is a really neat shot of our wishing lantern ceremony a few weeks ago. All the counselors get a lantern and a lighter and let their lanterns go above the waterfront. The result is very beautiful and almost indescribable.

So it's been kind of a stressful couple days. While I love camp and the children with all my heart, I've found myself overwhelmed and sometimes just frustrated. Usually it's over small things but I need a pick me up from time to time. This week is actually Christmas here at camp which is super great. Christmas in July is a really fun tradition we do, which involved a staff secret Santa, tons of fun for the kids, and a big party on Friday. I received these socks from our magic "elves" too. I can't wait!
Well I'm tired. 
Till next time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment