Sunday, September 13, 2015

Back in the 906!

Hello hello! It's been awhile since I've had a chance update. Mainly, I've just been adjusting to life as I enter my sophomore year of college! It's pretty crazy when I really think about it! To top off the summer, I said farewell to my beautiful friends in one of my favorite places ever: downtown Waukesha.

It really was sad to say see ya later...but I'm hoping we can all do a trip up to my other home here in the UP this fall! These wonderful people are super loyal, so I never worry about distance coming between us.

But here I am back in Marquette! Since I've gotten here, I've embarked on many wonderful experiences with my college friends. From drag shows to hikes to slumber parties, there really hasn't been a dull moment! Here's a little photo gallery to sum up the past month of adventures.
This is my roommate Courtney! Courtney and I met last summer at Orientation. Both scared wee lil freshies, we quickly bonded and stuck out our first year together. Courtney is from a small town in the UP, so even more up northy than where we go to school. Needless to say, when her and my silly Wisconsin/Chicago land self combined, 'twas quite an adventure. This year, we decided to room together and have both enjoyed the experience of being friends with your roommate! This involves a lot of toaster oven shenanigans and late night lack of sleep chats. It's certainly a party in room 127 this fall! ;D
With our friend Kirstan. Aren't my friends beautiful?!
Chilling with Kirstan and Em at dead River falls!
On top of Sugarloaf mountain!

One of our favorite activities to do together when we're not dying over schoolwork is to go hiking with our friends Kirstan and Emily! These photos were taken at Dead River Falls, a waterfall and hiking area and Sugarloaf mountain which is a scenic area and a very nice day hike! I feel very lucky to live in an area where I can do these things whenever I'd like!
Look at that clear blue water!



Now it wouldn't be a fun time in Marquette if it wasn't for the beautiful and wonderful person that is Jess Gula. Truly the Ann to my Leslie, I usually call her an elegant swan a few times a day. Normal stuff, right?
Jess looking swell in a hat.

Basically, this chic is my rock and I love hangin out in her apartment and making Dino Mac and Cheese and chicken wings, or driving around good ol Marquette talking about life. We're both on Student Goverment, which was they beautiful fate that caused us to meet last year. It's been a whirlwind, ladies and gents. God bless her for dealing with this hot mess.
me in my natural essence.

So to move on from that pic to a much more aesthetically pleasing section of this blog... Let me introduce you to Brian!

Alright I definitely lied, but I still really appreciate this photo. It sums up our friendship which truly revolves around the fact we're both insane. But, in the midst of said insanity we enjoy cooking food in the sketchy basement, wandering around Marquette taking photos, and causing literally everyone we know to question whether or not we're a really annoying couple or just two people who probably shouldn't have met...but who did and plan to cause as much havock as possible. We always say that we are the human embodiment of what would happen if a dog and a cat became friends.

Most photogenic friends of 2015

"Quick, take a photo!!!!!!!!!11111"


He also likes to hack my social media and send snapchats to everyone I've ever known ever.... Like this one:
Because my entire contacts list needs to 
see that. Thanks!

All joking aside, he is a very solid friend and I am quite lucky. We actually did a photo shoot the other day, and some of the pictures turned out really nice! Here's a few of em: I could probably do a whole post on that later!





This one was my personal favorite^
I call this one: Cecilia attempting to be street.

So even though I'm drowning in schoolwork already and working like 15 hours a week, life is good. My job is actually amazing- I'm a tutor at the Writing Center here on campus and I really enjoy it. I have very little to complain about. Although I miss home, I know I have family and friends who love and miss me too.
I miss you CL. See ya soon 😘


1 comment:

  1. Great to see how loyal your friends are!
    Good friends are a treasure worth more than anything in the world!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete