Friday, April 10, 2015

I Don't Mind

"Everybody seems to wonder why I go right back to you every time, but I don't mind, I don't mind."
~Amazing Eyes, Good Old War

Hi!

The past few days have been pretty uneventful besides a couple things, so since talking about school is boring, I'm just gonna talk about some small stuff!

Chillin in the rain with my yellow umbrella

It's been raining for most of the day today, but I'm glad it was the pretty, light rain so that I could bring out my yellow umbrella and take pics outside! And yes, I'm a huge How I Met Your Mother fan (Cecilia actually got me into it a long time ago!), so when I found this umbrella, I was elated!



The most exciting thing to happen to me was this past Monday, I got a part time job! I'm going to be working as a sales associate at our town's Bath and Body Works, which is perfect because that is my all-time favorite store! I am beyond excited! I was also very surprised to get the job, because I went in there on Monday to simply just turn in my application, but I then got to talking to one of the managers and she said they wouldn't even need to interview me and offered me a job on the spot! I feel so honored and I actually can't wait to start!


Yesterday was also pretty crazy. It was thunderstorming in the morning, but it cleared up in time for me to go take my sociology test (thanks a lot.), and then 5:30 I went back to the school for a game night with the honor society. It was a lot of fun to hang out with everyone and play the Game of Things, and then suddenly we started hearing about a tornado watch in the area. Some people there thought we should end the game night and they went home. However, it became pitch black outside and there was a tornado warning in effect in our area, so when my friend Adrian and I were literally right about to leave, we thought it'd be best to just stay at the school. The tornado sirens went off and the campus police came on over the intercom telling anyone who was still at the school to take shelter. Our advisors and the rest of the group that was still there hurried over to the women's bathroom nearby to take shelter, and there were already tons of people in there from nearby classrooms. It filled up pretty quick and a lot of people were freaking out because we heard about how bad it was getting (Buzzfeed had an article about the tornadoes in Illinois yesterday). We ended up having to stay cramped in the really hot bathroom until 8:30, and I had to drive Adrian and myself home while it was pouring out and had lightning nonstop in the distance. It was some of the most scary driving I've ever had to do; the fastest setting on my windshield wipers could not keep up with the rain and I could hardly see the road! But thankfully, we made it and our area was spared. It was quite an adventure!

The pic our advisor posted on our group's Facebook page of us chillin in our school's bathroom during the tornado
Also, like Cecilia posted, I am really excited for summer! I can't wait to complete our bucket list, which actually seems pretty plausible! School doesn't get out for me until May 14, but on the bright side, that is only about a month away! Wow, I didn't even realize how close that was until just now... WOO!


thrifted dress • thrifted cardigan • shoes from Ross
Well here's to more adventures in my last month of my first year of college!

With love, 
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment