Tuesday, March 17, 2015

She Moves In Her Own Way

"I love her because she moves in her own way!"
~She Moves In Her Own Way, The Kooks

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love being festive and celebrating every little thing, so even though I am not Irish, I wanted to get into the spirit of the day anyway! However, I've been wanting to wear this red dress for a while and didn't want to pass it up, no matter how much crap I would get for not wearing green. I thought I would just do my own thing (which reminded me of this song)! But at the same time, I love the color combo of red and mint (not red and green - that is just too Christmas...), so I thought that a mint cardigan would be good enough? I don't know if it's really that green, but no one questioned me, so I think I'm good!



It was so nice out today!

I felt really good today, and I think it was this outfit that made me feel so confident. In fact, when my friend (who was also dressed super cute!) and I were walking around at school today, we got so many comments on how cute we looked! We kinda matched because I had a bow in my hair and he had a bowtie on, and I kinda wish we had taken a picture because we were lookin pretty fly.




I later went on to get a chocolate mint shake from Portillo's which is a must around St. Patrick's Day! Portillo's is a restaurant that is popular around the Chicagoland area, and they have the BEST shakes. Since mint is my favorite flavor of anything, I couldn't pass up this festive treat, despite the fact that it is not healthy in the slightest (it tastes at least 1000 times better than a Shamrock shake, just for the record). 

It had to be documented on Snapchat, of course.

Dress from Ross • Thrifted Mossimo cardigan • Thrifted shoes • Icing bow

So today has been a pretty great day! I'm hoping it just gets better from here! I'm going to my old high school to see my brother perform in his band concert, and that just makes me miss band. I've played the flute for almost 10 years now, but my school doesn't have a very good concert band, so I've had to put my flute-playing on hiatus. I really hope I can find a way to keep playing in the future because I miss making music so much! Anyway, hope the rest of the day is fantastic! 

With love, 
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment